- Tuft of strong filaments by which e.g. a mussel makes itself fast to a fixed surface
- Hairy growth on or near the face of certain mammals
- The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face
- A person who diverts suspicion from someone (especially a woman who accompanies a male homosexual in order to conceal his homosexuality)
- A tuft or growth of hairs or bristles on certain plants such as iris or grasses
- Go along the rim, like a beard around the chin; "Houses bearded the top of the heights"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ARDEBS
- A unit of dry measure used in Egypt
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Informal terms for money
- Cover with bread crumbs; "bread the pork chops before frying them"
- Food made from dough of flour or meal and usually raised with yeast or baking powder and then baked
- Prevent from entering; keep out; "He was barred from membership in the club"
- Prevent the occurrence of; prevent from happening; "Let's avoid a confrontation"; "head off a confrontation"; "avert a strike"
- Bar temporarily; from school, office, etc.
- Of Sabre