- Variant of Dere, v. t. & n.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: AREED
- (v. t.) To tell, declare, explain, or interpret; to divine; to guess; as, to aread a riddle or a dream.
- (v. t.) To read.
- (v. t.) To counsel, advise, warn, or direct.
- (v. t.) To decree; to adjudge.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (imp. & p. p.) of Ear
- (a.) Having (such or so many) ears; -- used in composition; as, long-eared-eared; sharp-eared; full-eared; ten-eared.
- (a.) Having external ears; having tufts of feathers resembling ears.