- (n.) An annual church festival commemorating Christ's resurrection, and occurring on Sunday, the second day after Good Friday. It corresponds to the pasha or passover of the Jews, and most nations still give it this name under the various forms of pascha, pasque, paque, or pask.
- (n.) The day on which the festival is observed; Easter day.
- (v. i.) To veer to the east; -- said of the wind.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ARETES
- A sharp narrow ridge found in rugged mountains
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Any green goods that are good to eat; "these apples are good eaters"
- Someone who consumes food for nourishment
- (v. t.) To seat or set again, as on a chair, throne, etc.
- (v. t.) To put a new seat, or new seats, in; as, to reseat a theater; to reseat a chair or trousers.
- (n.) One who teases or vexes.
- (n.) A jager gull.
- Indian nun and missionary in the Roman Catholic Church (born of Albanian parents in what is now Macedonia); dedicated to helping the poor in India (1910-1997)