- (a.) The white of egg. It is used as a size or a glaze in bookbinding, for pastry, etc.
- (a.) Any viscous, transparent substance, resembling the white of an egg.
- (a.) A broadsword fixed on a pike; a kind of halberd.
- (v. t.) To smear with the white of an egg.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ARGIL
- (n.) Clay, or potter's earth; sometimes pure clay, or alumina. See Clay.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A book of offices in the Roman Catholic Church; a gradual.
- (n.) A broad, open dish; a chalice; -- only used of the Holy Grail.
- (n.) Small particles of earth; gravel.
- (n.) One of the small feathers of a hawk.