- (n.) The sprat; -- called also garvie herring, and garvock.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ARGIVE
- (a.) Of or performance to Argos, the capital of Argolis in Greece.
- (n.) A native of Argos. Often used as a generic term, equivalent to Grecian or Greek.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A bank, shore, or coast.
- (n.) A duty paid to the crown for the passage of vessels on certain rivers.