Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ARGUMENTS
- A discussion in which reasons are advanced for and against some proposition or proposal; "the argument over foreign aid goes on and on"
- A contentious speech act; a dispute where there is strong disagreement; "they were involved in a violent argument"
- A course of reasoning aimed at demonstrating a truth or falsehood; the methodical process of logical reasoning; "I can't follow your line of reasoning"
- A variable in a logical or mathematical expression whose value determines the dependent variable; if f(x)=y, x is the independent variable
- (computer science) a reference or value that is passed to a function, procedure, subroutine, command, or program
- A summary of the subject or plot of a literary work or play or movie; "the editor added the argument to the poem"
- A fact or assertion offered as evidence that something is true; "it was a strong argument that his hypothesis was true"