- Increase; "This will enhance your enjoyment"; "heighten the tension"
- Cultivate by growing, often involving improvements by means of agricultural techniques;
- Put an end to; "lift a ban"; "raise a siege"
- Create a disturbance, especially by making a great noise; "raise hell"; "raise the roof"; "raise Cain"
- Raise in rank or condition; "The new law lifted many people from poverty"
- Call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses); "arouse pity"; "raise a smile"; "evoke sympathy"
- Invigorate or heighten; "lift my spirits"; "lift his ego"
- Move upwards; "lift one's eyes"
- Bring (a surface or a design) into relief and cause to project; "raised edges"
- Raise from a lower to a higher position; "Raise your hands"; "Lift a load"
- Multiply (a number) by itself a specified number of times: 8 is 2 raised to the power 3
- Cause to puff up with a leaven; "unleavened bread"
- Establish radio commun
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ARISES
- Rise to one's feet; "The audience got up and applauded"
- Take part in a rebellion; renounce a former allegiance
- Come into existence; take on form or shape;
- Originate or come into being; "a question arose"
- Get up and out of bed; "I get up at 7 A.M. every day"; "They rose early"; "He uprose at night"
- Result or issue; "A slight unpleasantness arose from this discussion"
- Move upward; "The fog lifted"; "The smoke arose from the forest fire"; "The mist uprose from the meadows"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Commander of Canaanite army defeated by Israelites and subsequently killed by Jael by driving a tent peg through his temple.