- (n.) See Dermis.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ARMED
- (a.) Furnished with weapons of offense or defense; furnished with the means of security or protection.
- (a.) Furnished with whatever serves to add strength, force, or efficiency.
- (a.) Having horns, beak, talons, etc; -- said of beasts and birds of prey.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Arm
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The thoughts, or series of thoughts, or imaginary transactions, which occupy the mind during sleep; a sleeping vision.
- (n.) A visionary scheme; a wild conceit; an idle fancy; a vagary; a revery; -- in this sense, applied to an imaginary or anticipated state of happiness; as, a dream of bliss; the dream of his youth.
- (n.) To have ideas or images in the mind while in the state of sleep; to experience sleeping visions; -- often with of; as, to dream of a battle, or of an absent friend.
- (n.) To let the mind run on in idle revery or vagary; to anticipate vaguely as a coming and happy reality; to have a visionary notion or idea; to imagine.
- (v. t.) To have a dream of; to see, or have a vision of, in sleep, or in idle fancy; -- often followed by an objective clause.
- (a.) Having the frames, stem, and sternpost adjusted; -- said of a ship on the stocks.