- (n.) The man who manipulates a grip.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ARMING
- (n.) The act of furnishing with, or taking, arms.
- (n.) A piece of tallow placed in a cavity at the lower end of a sounding lead, to bring up the sand, shells, etc., of the sea bottom.
- (n.) Red dress cloths formerly hung fore and aft outside of a ship's upper works on holidays.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Arm
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A border; edge; brink; verge; as, the margin of a river or lake.
- (n.) Specifically: The part of a page at the edge left uncovered in writing or printing.
- (n.) The difference between the cost and the selling price of an article.
- (n.) Something allowed, or reserved, for that which can not be foreseen or known with certainty.
- (n.) Collateral security deposited with a broker to secure him from loss on contracts entered into by him on behalf of his principial, as in the speculative buying and selling of stocks, wheat, etc.
- (v. t.) To furnish with a margin.
- (v. t.) To enter in the margin of a page.