- (n.) The god of war and husbandry.
- (n.) One of the planets of the solar system, the fourth in order from the sun, or the next beyond the earth, having a diameter of about 4,200 miles, a period of 687 days, and a mean distance of 141,000,000 miles. It is conspicuous for the redness of its light.
- (n.) The metallic element iron, the symbol of which / was the same as that of the planet Mars.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ARMS
- (n.) Instruments or weapons of offense or defense.
- (n.) The deeds or exploits of war; military service or science.
- (n.) Anything which a man takes in his hand in anger, to strike or assault another with; an aggressive weapon.
- (n.) The ensigns armorial of a family, consisting of figures and colors borne in shields, banners, etc., as marks of dignity and distinction, and descending from father to son.
- (n.) The legs of a hawk from the thigh to the foot.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Uncastrated adult male sheep; "a British term is `tup'"
- A tool for driving or forcing something by impact
- The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on; an integrated circuit memory chip allows information to be stored or accessed in any order and all storage locations are equally accessible
- The first sign of the zodiac which the sun enters at the vernal equinox; the sun is in this sign from about March 21 to April 19
- (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Aries
- Force into or from an action or state, either physically or metaphorically; "She rammed her mind into focus"; "He drives me mad"
- Crowd or pack to capacity; "the theater was jampacked"
- Undergo damage or destruction on impact; "the plane crashed into the ocean"; "The car crashed into the lamp post"
- Strike or drive against with a heavy impact; "ram the gate with a sledgeh