Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: AROUND
- (adv.) In a circle; circularly; on every side; round.
- (adv.) In a circuit; here and there within the surrounding space; all about; as, to travel around from town to town.
- (adv.) Near; in the neighborhood; as, this man was standing around when the fight took place.
- (prep.) On all sides of; encircling; encompassing; so as to make the circuit of; about.
- (prep.) From one part to another of; at random through; about; on another side of; as, to travel around the country; a house standing around the corner.