- The month following March and preceding May
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ARP
- Alsatian artist and poet who was cofounder of dadaism in Zurich; noted for abstract organic sculptures (1887-1966)
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) See Parr.
- (prep.) By; with; -- used frequently in Early English in phrases taken from the French, being sometimes written as a part of the word which it governs; as, par amour, or paramour; par cas, or parcase; par fay, or parfay.
- (n.) Equal value; equality of nominal and actual value; the value expressed on the face or in the words of a certificate of value, as a bond or other commercial paper.
- (n.) Equality of condition or circumstances.
- (n.) A lay or skein containing 120 yards of yarn.
- (v. i.) To strike with a quick, sharp blow; to knock; as, to rap on the door.
- (v. t.) To strike with a quick blow; to knock on.
- (v. t.) To free (a pattern) in a mold by light blows on the pattern, so as to facilitate its removal.
- (n.) A quick, smart blow; a knock.
- (v.) To snatch away; to seize and hurry off.
- (v.) To hasten.
- (v.) To seize and bear away, as the mind or thoughts; to transport out of one's self; to affect with ecstasy or rapture; as, rapt into admiration.
- (v.) To exchange; to truck.
- (n.) A popular name for any of the tokens that passed current for a half-penny in Ireland in the early part of the eighteenth century; any coin of trifling value.