Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ARRANGEMENT
- (n.) The act of arranging or putting in an orderly condition; the state of being arranged or put in order; disposition in suitable form.
- (n.) The manner or result of arranging; system of parts disposed in due order; regular and systematic classification; as, arrangement of one's dress; the Linnaean arrangement of plants.
- (n.) Preparatory proceeding or measure; preparation; as, we have made arrangement for receiving company.
- (n.) Settlement; adjustment by agreement; as, the parties have made an arrangement between themselves concerning their disputes; a satisfactory arrangement.
- (n.) The adaptation of a composition to voices or instruments for which it was not originally written.
- (n.) A piece so adapted; a transcription; as, a pianoforte arrangement of Beethoven's symphonies; an orchestral arrangement of a song, an opera, or the like.