- The rectangular formation of parallel scanning lines that guide the electron beam on a television screen or a computer monitor
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ARRESTS
- The act of apprehending (especially apprehending a criminal); "the policeman on the beat got credit for the collar"
- The state of inactivity following an interruption;
- Take into custody; "the police nabbed the suspected criminals"
- Attract and fix; "His look caught her"; "She caught his eye"; "Catch the attention of the waiter"
- Cause to stop; "Halt the engines"; "Arrest the progress"; "halt the presses"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- A viewer who gazes fixedly (often with hostility)