- British marshal of the Royal Air Force; during World War II he directed mass bombing raids against German cities that resulted in heavy civilian casualties (1892-1984)
- Irish writer noted for his sexually explicit but unreliable autobiography (1856-1931)
- United States diplomat who was instrumental in opening Japan to foreign trade (1804-1878)
- United States linguist (born in Ukraine) who developed mathematical linguistics and interpreted speech and writing in a social context (1909-1992)
- United States author who wrote the stories about Uncle Remus (1848-1908)
- Publisher of the first newspaper printed in America (1673-1713)
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ARRISH
- (n.) The stubble of wheat or grass; a stubble field; eddish.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A term of address implying inferiority and used in anger, contempt, reproach, or disrespectful familiarity, addressed to a man or boy, but sometimes to a woman. In sililoquies often preceded by ah. Not used in the plural.