Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ARTICULATE
- (a.) Expressed in articles or in separate items or particulars.
- (a.) Jointed; formed with joints; consisting of segments united by joints; as, articulate animals or plants.
- (a.) Distinctly uttered; spoken so as to be intelligible; characterized by division into words and syllables; as, articulate speech, sounds, words.
- (n.) An animal of the subkingdom Articulata.
- (v. i.) To utter articulate sounds; to utter the elementary sounds of a language; to enunciate; to speak distinctly.
- (v. i.) To treat or make terms.
- (v. i.) To join or be connected by articulation.
- (v. t.) To joint; to unite by means of a joint; to put together with joints or at the joints.
- (v. t.) To draw up or write in separate articles; to particularize; to specify.
- (v. t.) To form, as the elementary sounds; to utter in distinct syllables or words; to enunciate; as, to articulate letters or language.
- (v. t.) To express distinctly; to give utterance to.