- (n.) A tense in the Greek language, which expresses an action as completed in past time, but leaves it, in other respects, wholly indeterminate.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ARTOIS
- A former province of northern France near the English Channel (between Picardy and Flanders)
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- The relation between things (or parts of things) with respect to their comparative quantity, magnitude, or degree; "an inordinate proportion of the book is given over to quotations"; "a dry martini has a large proportion of gin"
- The relative magnitudes of two quantities (usually expressed as a quotient)
- (Zen Buddhism) a state of sudden spiritual enlightenment