- (n.) A sylvan deity or demigod, represented as part man and part goat, and characterized by riotous merriment and lasciviousness.
- (n.) Any one of many species of butterflies belonging to the family Nymphalidae. Their colors are commonly brown and gray, often with ocelli on the wings. Called also meadow browns.
- (n.) The orang-outang.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ARTSY
- Same as arty.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) To wander, as from a direct course; to deviate, or go out of the way.
- (a.) To wander from company, or from the proper limits; to rove at large; to roam; to go astray.
- (a.) Figuratively, to wander from the path of duty or rectitude; to err.
- (v. t.) To cause to stray.
- (v. i.) Having gone astray; strayed; wandering; as, a strayhorse or sheep.
- (n.) Any domestic animal that has an inclosure, or its proper place and company, and wanders at large, or is lost; an estray. Used also figuratively.
- (n.) The act of wandering or going astray.
- (n. pl.) Traces.
- (pl.) of Tray
- (n. pl.) See Trais.