- Move in a pattern; usually to musical accompaniment; do or perform a dance; "My husband and I like to dance at home to the radio"
- Move in a graceful and rhythmical way; "The young girl danced into the room"
- Taking a series of rhythmical steps (and movements) in time to music
- Skip, leap, or move up and down or sideways; "Dancing flames"; "The children danced with joy"
- An artistic form of nonverbal communication
- A party for social dancing
- A party of people assembled for dancing
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ASCEND
- (v. i.) To move upward; to mount; to go up; to rise; -- opposed to descend.
- (v. i.) To rise, in a figurative sense; to proceed from an inferior to a superior degree, from mean to noble objects, from particulars to generals, from modern to ancient times, from one note to another more acute, etc.; as, our inquiries ascend to the remotest antiquity; to ascend to our first progenitor.
- (v. t.) To go or move upward upon or along; to climb; to mount; to go up the top of; as, to ascend a hill, a ladder, a tree, a river, a throne.