- (a.) Growing to or on something else.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ASCENDANT
- (a.) Alt. of Ascendent
- (n.) Ascent; height; elevation.
- (n.) The horoscope, or that degree of the ecliptic which rises above the horizon at the moment of one's birth; supposed to have a commanding influence on a person's life and fortune.
- (n.) Superiority, or commanding influence; ascendency; as, one man has the ascendant over another.
- (n.) An ancestor, or one who precedes in genealogy or degrees of kindred; a relative in the ascending line; a progenitor; -- opposed to descendant.