- Declare (a dead person) to be a saint; "After he was shown to have performed a miracle, the priest was canonized"
- Treat as a sacred person; "He canonizes women"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ASCENSION
- (n.) The act of ascending; a rising; ascent.
- (n.) Specifically: The visible ascent of our Savior on the fortieth day after his resurrection. (Acts i. 9.) Also, Ascension Day.
- (n.) An ascending or arising, as in distillation; also that which arises, as from distillation.