- Act out; represent or perform as if in a play; "She reenacted what had happened earlier that day"
- Order by virtue of superior authority; decree; "The King ordained the persecution and expulsion of the Jews"; "the legislature enacted this law in 1985"
- Establish by law
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ASCENT
- The act of rising; motion upward; rise; a mounting upward; as, he made a tedious ascent; the ascent of vapors from the earth.
- The way or means by which one ascends.
- An eminence, hill, or high place.
- The degree of elevation of an object, or the angle it makes with a horizontal line; inclination; rising grade; as, a road has an ascent of five degrees.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) Cutting; divivding into two parts; as, a secant line.
- (a.) A line that cuts another; especially, a straight line cutting a curve in two or more points.
- (a.) A right line drawn from the center of a circle through one end of a circular arc, and terminated by a tangent drawn from the other end; the number expressing the ratio line of this line to the radius of the circle. See Trigonometrical function, under Function.
- (n.) A stanza.
- (n.) A station; a position; a site.