- (n.) A strong cloth made of hemp, flax, or cotton; -- used for tents, sails, etc.
- (n.) A coarse cloth so woven as to form regular meshes for working with the needle, as in tapestry, or worsted work.
- (n.) A piece of strong cloth of which the surface has been prepared to receive painting, commonly painting in oil.
- (n.) Something for which canvas is used: (a) A sail, or a collection of sails. (b) A tent, or a collection of tents. (c) A painting, or a picture on canvas.
- (n.) A rough draft or model of a song, air, or other literary or musical composition; esp. one to show a poet the measure of the verses he is to make.
- (a.) Made of, pertaining to, or resembling, canvas or coarse cloth; as, a canvas tent.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.