Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A hind in the year of its age.
- (n.) A framework of wood or metal placed over the coffin or tomb of a deceased person, and covered with a pall; also, a temporary canopy bearing wax lights and set up in a church, under which the coffin was placed during the funeral ceremonies.
- (n.) A grave, coffin, tomb, or sepulchral monument.
- (n.) A bier or handbarrow for conveying the dead to the grave.
- (n.) A carriage specially adapted or used for conveying the dead to the grave.
- (v. t.) To inclose in a hearse; to entomb.