Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ASKS
- Make a request or demand for something to somebody; "She asked him for a loan"
- Consider obligatory; request and expect; "We require our secretary to be on time"; "Aren't we asking too much of these children?"; "I expect my students to arrive in time for their lessons"
- Inquire about; "I asked about their special today"; "He had to ask directions several times"
- Direct or put; seek an answer to; "ask a question"
- Address a question to and expect an answer from; "Ask your teacher about trigonometry"; "The children asked me about their dead grandmother"
- Require or ask for as a price or condition; "He is asking $200 for the table"; "The kidnappers are asking a million dollars in return for the release of their hostage"
- Require as useful, just, or proper; "It takes nerve to do what she did"; "success usually requires hard work"; "This job asks a lot of patience and skill"; "This position demands a lot of personal sacrifice"; "This din
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!