- (v. i.) To slip or glide away; to pass away silently, as time; -- used chiefly in reference to time.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ASLEEP
- (a. & adv.) In a state of sleep; in sleep; dormant.
- (a. & adv.) In the sleep of the grave; dead.
- (a. & adv.) Numbed, and, usually, tingling.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To give pleasure to; to excite agreeable sensations or emotions in; to make glad; to gratify; to content; to satisfy.
- (v. t.) To have or take pleasure in; hence, to choose; to wish; to desire; to will.
- (v. t.) To be the will or pleasure of; to seem good to; -- used impersonally.
- (v. i.) To afford or impart pleasure; to excite agreeable emotions.
- (v. i.) To have pleasure; to be willing, as a matter of affording pleasure or showing favor; to vouchsafe; to consent.
- A wood resembling mahogany, used for furniture. A west African tree of the genus Entandrophragma