- (n.) An adherent to a party or faction; esp., one who is strongly and passionately devoted to a party or an interest.
- (n.) The commander of a body of detached light troops engaged in making forays and harassing an enemy.
- (n.) Any member of such a corps.
- (a.) Adherent to a party or faction; especially, having the character of blind, passionate, or unreasonable adherence to a party; as, blinded by partisan zeal.
- (a.) Serving as a partisan in a detached command; as, a partisan officer or corps.
- (n.) A kind of halberd or pike; also, a truncheon; a staff.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ASPIRANT
- (a.) Aspiring.
- (n.) One who aspires; one who eagerly seeks some high position or object of attainment.