Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ASSAYS
- Analyze (chemical substances)
- Make an effort or attempt; "He tried to shake off his fears"; "The infant had essayed a few wobbly steps"; "The police attempted to stop the thief"; "He sought to improve himself"; "She always seeks to do good in the world"
- A quantitative or qualitative test of a substance (especially an ore or a drug) to determine its components; frequently used to test for the presence or concentration of infectious agents or antibodies etc.
- An appraisal of the state of affairs;
- A written report of the results of an analysis of the composition of some substance
- A substance that is undergoing an analysis of its components