- Star-shaped structure formed in the cytoplasm of a cell having fibers like rays that surround the centrosome during mitosis
- Any of various chiefly fall-blooming herbs of the genus Aster with showy daisylike flowers
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ASSERT
- (v. t.) To affirm; to declare with assurance, or plainly and strongly; to state positively; to aver; to asseverate.
- (v. t.) To maintain; to defend.
- (v. t.) To maintain or defend, as a cause or a claim, by words or measures; to vindicate a claim or title to; as, to assert our rights and liberties.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Fixate one's eyes; "The ancestor in the painting is staring down menacingly"
- Look at with fixed eyes; "The students stared at the teacher with amazement"
- A fixed look with eyes open wide