- An impudent or insolent rejoinder; "don't give me any of your sass"
- Answer back in an impudent or insolent manner; "don't sass me!"; "The teacher punished the students who were sassing all morning";
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ASSESS
- (v.) To value; to make a valuation or official estimate of for the purpose of taxation.
- (v.) To apportion a sum to be paid by (a person, a community, or an estate), in the nature of a tax, fine, etc.; to impose a tax upon (a person, an estate, or an income) according to a rate or apportionment.
- (v.) To determine and impose a tax or fine upon (a person, community, estate, or income); to tax; as, the club assessed each member twenty-five cents.
- (v.) To fix or determine the rate or amount of.