Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definitions for: ASSIMILATE
- (v. i.) To become similar or like something else.
- (v. i.) To change and appropriate nourishment so as to make it a part of the substance of the assimilating body.
- (v. i.) To be converted into the substance of the assimilating body; to become incorporated; as, some kinds of food assimilate more readily than others.
- (v. t.) To bring to a likeness or to conformity; to cause a resemblance between.
- (v. t.) To liken; to compa/e.
- (v. t.) To appropriate and transform or incorporate into the substance of the assimilating body; to absorb or appropriate, as nourishment; as, food is assimilated and converted into organic tissue.