Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ASSIMILATE
- (v. i.) To become similar or like something else.
- (v. i.) To change and appropriate nourishment so as to make it a part of the substance of the assimilating body.
- (v. i.) To be converted into the substance of the assimilating body; to become incorporated; as, some kinds of food assimilate more readily than others.
- (v. t.) To bring to a likeness or to conformity; to cause a resemblance between.
- (v. t.) To liken; to compa/e.
- (v. t.) To appropriate and transform or incorporate into the substance of the assimilating body; to absorb or appropriate, as nourishment; as, food is assimilated and converted into organic tissue.