Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ASSOCIATIONS
- The act of consorting with or joining with others; "you cannot be convicted of criminal guilt by association"
- The process of bringing ideas or events together in memory or imagination; "conditioning is a form of learning by association"
- (ecology) a group of organisms (plants and animals) that live together in a certain geographical region and constitute a community with a few dominant species
- A formal organization of people or groups of people; "he joined the Modern Language Association"
- (chemistry) any process of combination (especially in solution) that depends on relatively weak chemical bonding
- A relation resulting from interaction or dependence; "flints were found in association with the prehistoric remains of the bear"; "the host is not always injured by association with a parasite"
- A social or business relationship; "a valuable financial affiliation"; "he was sorry he had to sever his ties with other members of the team