- Cook with dry heat, usually in an oven; "roast the turkey"
- Subject to laughter or ridicule; "The satirists ridiculed the plans for a new opera house"; "The students poked fun at the inexperienced teacher"; "His former students roasted the professor at his 60th birthday"
- Negative criticism
- A piece of meat roasted or for roasting and of a size for slicing into more than one portion
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ASSORT
- (v. i.) To agree; to be in accordance; to be adapted; to suit; to fall into a class or place.
- (v. t.) To separate and distribute into classes, as things of a like kind, nature, or quality, or which are suited to a like purpose; to classify; as, to assort goods. [Rarely applied to persons.]
- (v. t.) To furnish with, or make up of, various sorts or a variety of goods; as, to assort a cargo.