Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ASSUMPTION
- (n.) The act of assuming, or taking to or upon one's self; the act of taking up or adopting.
- (n.) The act of taking for granted, or supposing a thing without proof; supposition; unwarrantable claim.
- (n.) The thing supposed; a postulate, or proposition assumed; a supposition.
- (n.) The minor or second proposition in a categorical syllogism.
- (n.) The taking of a person up into heaven.
- (n.) A festival in honor of the ascent of the Virgin Mary into heaven.