Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ASSUMPTIONS
- The act of taking possession of or power over something; "his assumption of office coincided with the trouble in Cuba"; "the Nazi assumption of power in 1934"; "he acquired all the company's assets for ten million dollars and the assumption of the company's debts"
- The act of assuming or taking for granted; "your assumption that I would agree was unwarranted"
- Audacious (even arrogant) behavior that you have no right to; "he despised them for their presumptuousness"
- A hypothesis that is taken for granted; "any society is built upon certain assumptions"
- A statement that is assumed to be true and from which a conclusion can be drawn; "on the assumption that he has been injured we can infer that he will not to play"
- (Christianity) the taking up of the body and soul of the Virgin Mary when her earthly life had ended
- Celebration in the Roman Catholic Church of the Virgin Mary's being taken up into heaven when her earthly life ended;