Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ASSURANCE
- (n.) The act of assuring; a declaration tending to inspire full confidence; that which is designed to give confidence.
- (n.) The state of being assured; firm persuasion; full confidence or trust; freedom from doubt; certainty.
- (n.) Firmness of mind; undoubting, steadiness; intrepidity; courage; confidence; self-reliance.
- (n.) Excess of boldness; impudence; audacity; as, his assurance is intolerable.
- (n.) Betrothal; affiance.
- (n.) Insurance; a contract for the payment of a sum on occasion of a certain event, as loss or death.
- (n.) Any written or other legal evidence of the conveyance of property; a conveyance; a deed.