Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ASSURE
- (v. t.) To make sure or certain; to render confident by a promise, declaration, or other evidence.
- (v. t.) To declare to, solemnly; to assert to (any one) with the design of inspiring belief or confidence.
- (v. t.) To confirm; to make certain or secure.
- (v. t.) To affiance; to betroth.
- (v. t.) To insure; to covenant to indemnify for loss, or to pay a specified sum at death. See Insure.