- Channel into a new direction; "redirect your attention to the danger from the fundamentalists"
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definitions for: ASTIR
- (adv. & a.) Stirring; in a state of activity or motion; out of bed.
- 3d sing. pres. of Arise, for ariseth.
- A stringed instrument of India; has a long neck and movable frets; has 6 or 7 metal strings for playing and usually 13 resonating strings
- (n.) One step of a series for ascending or descending to a different level; -- commonly applied to those within a building.
- (n.) A series of steps, as for passing from one story of a house to another; -- commonly used in the plural; but originally used in the singular only.
- (n.) A minute groove, or channel; a threadlike line, as of color; a narrow structural band or line; a striation; as, the striae, or groovings, produced on a rock by a glacier passing over it; the striae on the surface of a shell; a stria of nervous matter in the brain.
- (n.) A fillet between the flutes of columns, pilasters, or the like.
- (n.) pl. of Tarsus.
- (pl.) of Tarsus
- (n.) The fireplace at the side of an annealing oven.
- (n. pl.) Alt. of Trays
- (n.) The formation situated between the Permian and Lias, and so named by the Germans, because consisting of three series of strata, which are called in German the Bunter sandstein, Muschelkalk, and Keuper.