- (v. t.) To press; to drive or urge forward; to push on; to precipitate; to accelerate the movement of; to expedite; to hurry.
- (v. i.) To move celerity; to be rapid in motion; to act speedily or quickly; to go quickly.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ATHENS
- A university town in northeast Georgia
- A town in southeast Ohio
- The capital and largest city of Greece; named after Athena (its patron goddess); "in the 5th century BC ancient Athens was the world's most powerful and civilized city"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To lop; to prune.
- (n.) Alt. of Sneathe
- A man ranking above an ordinary freeman and below a noble in Anglo-Saxon England (especially one who gave military service in exchange for land)
- A feudal lord or baron