Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ATMOSPHERE
- (n.) The whole mass of aeriform fluid surrounding the earth; -- applied also to the gaseous envelope of any celestial orb, or other body; as, the atmosphere of Mars.
- (n.) Any gaseous envelope or medium.
- (n.) A supposed medium around various bodies; as, electrical atmosphere, a medium formerly supposed to surround electrical bodies.
- (n.) The pressure or weight of the air at the sea level, on a unit of surface, or about 14.7 Ibs. to the sq. inch.
- (n.) Any surrounding or pervading influence or condition.
- (n.) The portion of air in any locality, or affected by a special physical or sanitary condition; as, the atmosphere of the room; a moist or noxious atmosphere.