- (n.) The standard atmospheric pressure used in certain physical measurements calculations; conventionally, that pressure under which the barometer stands at 760 millimeters, at a temperature of 0¡ Centigrade, at the level of the sea, and in the latitude of Paris.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ATOM
- (n.) An ultimate indivisible particle of matter.
- (n.) An ultimate particle of matter not necessarily indivisible; a molecule.
- (n.) A constituent particle of matter, or a molecule supposed to be made up of subordinate particles.
- (n.) The smallest particle of matter that can enter into combination; one of the elementary constituents of a molecule.
- (n.) Anything extremely small; a particle; a whit.
- (v. t.) To reduce to atoms.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A deep trench around the rampart of a castle or other fortified place, sometimes filled with water; a ditch.
- (v. t.) To surround with a moat.