Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ATTACKS
- Strong criticism; "he published an unexpected attack on my work"
- Begin to injure; "The cancer cells are attacking his liver"; "Rust is attacking the metal"
- Intense adverse criticism; "Clinton directed his fire at the Republican Party"; "the government has come under attack"; "don't give me any flak"
- Set to work upon; turn one's energies vigorously to a task; "I attacked the problem as soon as I got out of bed"
- The onset of a corrosive or destructive process (as by a chemical agent); "the film was sensitive to attack by acids"; "open to attack by the elements"
- Attack in speech or writing; "The editors of the left-leaning paper attacked the new House Speaker"
- A sudden occurrence of an uncontrollable condition; "an attack of diarrhea"
- Take the initiative and go on the offensive; "The Serbs attacked the village at night"; "The visiting team started to attack"
- Launch an attack or assault on; begin hostilities or