Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ATTAIN
- (n.) Attainment.
- (v. i.) To come or arrive, by motion, growth, bodily exertion, or efforts toward a place, object, state, etc.; to reach.
- (v. i.) To come or arrive, by an effort of mind.
- (v. t.) To achieve or accomplish, that is, to reach by efforts; to gain; to compass; as, to attain rest.
- (v. t.) To gain or obtain possession of; to acquire.
- (v. t.) To get at the knowledge of; to ascertain.
- (v. t.) To reach or come to, by progression or motion; to arrive at.
- (v. t.) To overtake.
- (v. t.) To reach in excellence or degree; to equal.