- An edible tuber native to South America; a staple food of Ireland; Slang for potato
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition of: ATTER
- (n.) Poison; venom; corrupt matter from a sore.
- Brightly colored tropical freshwater fishes
- (v. t.) To handle; to manage; to use; to bear one's self toward; as, to treat prisoners cruelly; to treat children kindly.
- (v. t.) To discourse on; to handle in a particular manner, in writing or speaking; as, to treat a subject diffusely.
- (v. t.) To entertain with food or drink, especially the latter, as a compliment, or as an expression of friendship or regard; as, to treat the whole company.
- (v. t.) To negotiate; to settle; to make terms for.
- (v. t.) To care for medicinally or surgically; to manage in the use of remedies or appliances; as, to treat a disease, a wound, or a patient.
- (v. t.) To subject to some action; to apply something to; as, to treat a substance with sulphuric acid.
- (v. t.) To entreat; to beseech.
- (v. i.) To discourse; to handle a subject in writing or speaking; to make discussion; -- usually with of; as, Cicero treats of old age and of duties.
- (v. i.) To negotiate; to come to terms of accommodation; -- often followed by with; as, envoys were appointed to treat with France.
- (v. i.) To give a gratuitous entertainment, esp. of food or drink, as a compliment.
- (n.) A parley; a conference.
- (n.) An entertainment given as an expression of regard.
- (n.) That which affords entertainment; a gratification; a satisfaction; as, the concert was a rich treat.