- (a.) Done or made in silence; implied, but not expressed; silent; as, tacit consent is consent by silence, or by not interposing an objection.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ATTIC
- (a.) Of or pertaining to Attica, in Greece, or to Athens, its principal city; marked by such qualities as were characteristic of the Athenians; classical; refined.
- (a.) A low story above the main order or orders of a facade, in the classical styles; -- a term introduced in the 17th century. Hence:
- (a.) A room or rooms behind that part of the exterior; all the rooms immediately below the roof.
- (a.) An Athenian; an Athenian author.