Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition of: AUDIT
- (a.) An audience; a hearing.
- (a.) An examination in general; a judicial examination.
- (a.) The result of such an examination, or an account as adjusted by auditors; final account.
- (a.) A general receptacle or receiver.
- (v. i.) To settle or adjust an account.
- (v. t.) To examine and adjust, as an account or accounts; as, to audit the accounts of a treasure, or of parties who have a suit depending in court.