Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: AUGMENTATION
- (n.) The act or process of augmenting, or making larger, by addition, expansion, or dilation; increase.
- (n.) The state of being augmented; enlargement.
- (n.) The thing added by way of enlargement.
- (n.) A additional charge to a coat of arms, given as a mark of honor.
- (n.) The stage of a disease in which the symptoms go on increasing.
- (n.) In counterpoint and fugue, a repetition of the subject in tones of twice the original length.