- (a.) Expressing, or consisting of, the number two; belonging to two; as, the dual number of nouns, etc. , in Greek.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: AULD
- (a.) Old; as, Auld Reekie (old smoky), i. e., Edinburgh.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. i.) High commendation; praise; honor; exaltation; glory.
- (v. i.) A part of divine worship, consisting chiefly of praise; -- usually in the pl.
- (v. i.) Music or singing in honor of any one.
- (v. i.) To praise in words alone, or with words and singing; to celebrate; to extol.
- An industrial conurbation in northeastern China on the southern end of the Liaodong Peninsula; it now includes the cities of Dalian and Lushun
- (n.) In Shetland and Orkney, a freehold; property held by udal, or allodial, right.
- (a.) Allodial; -- a term used in Finland, Shetland, and Orkney. See Allodial.