- Relating to a wedge; wedge-shaped.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: AUNCEL
- (n.) A rude balance for weighing, and a kind of weight, formerly used in England.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A lacuna.
- (n.) A lance.
- (n.) A balance.
- (n.) See Lant, the fish.
- (v. t.) To loose by undoing a lacing; as, to unlace a shoe.
- (v. t.) To loose the dress of; to undress; hence, to expose; to disgrace.
- (v. t.) To loose, and take off, as a bonnet from a sail, or to cast off, as any lacing in any part of the rigging of a vessel.