- (v. t.) Alt. of Auntre
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: AUNTRE
- (v. t.) To venture; to dare.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The existing system of things; the world of matter, or of matter and mind; the creation; the universe.
- (n.) The personified sum and order of causes and effects; the powers which produce existing phenomena, whether in the total or in detail; the agencies which carry on the processes of creation or of being; -- often conceived of as a single and separate entity, embodying the total of all finite agencies and forces as disconnected from a creating or ordering intelligence.
- (n.) The established or regular course of things; usual order of events; connection of cause and effect.
- (n.) Conformity to that which is natural, as distinguished from that which is artifical, or forced, or remote from actual experience.
- (n.) The sum of qualities and attributes which make a person or thing what it is, as distinct from others; native character; inherent or essential qualities or attributes; peculiar constitution or quality of being.
- (n.) Hence: Kind, sort; character; quality.
- (n.) Physical constitution or existence; the vital powers; the natural life.
- (n.) Natural affection or reverence.
- (n.) Constitution or quality of mind or character.
- (v. t.) To endow with natural qualities.